Raising Money For NBIA Research

Help me raise money for NBIA research by making a donation as I run the Boston 2011 Marathon in April, 2011 in Brittany's honor.


Although I have crossed my marathon finishing line, the race isn't over for NBIA! Please consider making a donation...


We are so close to reaching $5000...only $135 to go!


Checks payable to:


NBIA Disorders Association


And can be sent to:

Boston for Brittany

c/o Sandy and Rich Leap
14852 Ashby Oak Ct. Haymarket, VA 20169 (Brittany's Mother and Father).


Funds will go directly to research in hopes of finding a cure. Also, they are 100% tax deductible.

Racing to Find a Cure

Thursday, April 14, 2011

We Did It!

We reached our goal...wait...let me correct that...we SURPASSED our goal!  A huge THANK YOU to all of our friends and family who donated in honor of Brittany for NBIA research. I know there is still money on its way...and it will all be collected and sent directly to the NBIA headquarters in California (so if you still would like to donate...please do so).

My original goal was to raise $2620 (honoring the marathon distance of 26.2 miles), we have gone way beyond that goal by over $1700!  I will most definitely post the GRAND total when I return from Boston next Tuesday.

As you know, Brittany has been in the hospital all week working on her breathing issues.  But the latest and greatest news is she is returning home with mom and dad tonight.  So this thumb's up is also for you, Brittany from all of your fans!  We LOVE you!

Tomorrow I will be posting all of the information on how to view my progress on Monday during the race.  Starting time is at 10:20 am.  There are multiple timing mats that each runner must pass over throughout the course. Each time we cross over a mat, our time is recorded and sent directly to you.  It gives a predicted finishing time and changes as each runner progresses along the race.

I know each time I cross a mat, you will be cheering for me.

So be sure to check in tomorrow to learn all of the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment