Raising Money For NBIA Research

Help me raise money for NBIA research by making a donation as I run the Boston 2011 Marathon in April, 2011 in Brittany's honor.


Although I have crossed my marathon finishing line, the race isn't over for NBIA! Please consider making a donation...


We are so close to reaching $5000...only $135 to go!


Checks payable to:


NBIA Disorders Association


And can be sent to:

Boston for Brittany

c/o Sandy and Rich Leap
14852 Ashby Oak Ct. Haymarket, VA 20169 (Brittany's Mother and Father).


Funds will go directly to research in hopes of finding a cure. Also, they are 100% tax deductible.

Racing to Find a Cure

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Heart Brittany...We all do!

It was six months ago that I started this little blog capturing my Boston for Brittany journey.  It was my hope to raise attention and money for NBIA for my friend Brittany as she and her family struggle with this difficult disease.

As I look back on the past few months, I have seen a person living with an imperfect body living a perfect life.  She is patient. She is kind.  She is giving.  She is a friend to all.

She lives a life with so many "can'ts." She can't run.  She can't walk. Her back bent from scoliosis, she can't sit on her own.  Her small feet twisted and sweet hands bent, she can't use them.  She can't talk.  She can't see perfectly.  She can't eat....

But she doesn't care.  Because she know what she CAN do.  And although I am sure there are times when Brittany wants to scream and shout (probably at her mother...and I am just saying this because my daughter does it to me...it's only fair to say), to walk, to share all of the thoughts that remain trapped within...she lives a life beaming with joy.

We are all given hardships in this life.  No one is exempt.  It is what we do in  these difficult times...who we become...that is of up most importance.

I heart Brittany because I know who she has become.  She is someone that makes me a better person.  It might look like I am there "giving" her so much as I spend time with her but that is not the case in any way.  I am the one that has been blessed by serving Brittany.

I want to share THIS amazing address given to a group of students at Brigham Young University in 1996 by Elder Busche giving advice to those listening on how to become a disciple of Christ. 

May we all lose the "can'ts" in our life and embrace the "cans." And by so doing, we will become who we need to be, true disciples of Christ.

If you feel you "can" donate a small amount for NBIA research, please do so.  And to those that have donated...

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment